Although Aromatherapy is considered one of the gentlest and safest of the Natural Health Remedies and Therapies, it nevertheless requires a certain amount of caution and common sense in its use.
There are several very important things you should consider when it comes to aromatherapy, including how to be safe when using it. There is no doubt that aromatherapy is a great tool to have around as it can lighten the dark cloud that life sometimes surrounds us with. Yet, if you want to benefit from it, you need to know how to use it safely to prevent problems down the road. The good news is that there are plenty of methods to protect you.
Tips For Being Safe
Here are some great tips for being safe with your aromatherapy....
• Realize what they are. Aromatherapy uses essential oils. These oils are very potent and if they are used in the wrong manner can make you, your children or your pets sick. Always follow the instructions for using them that are provided with your essential oils. Treat them as if they are medications and you will benefit from them.
• Don’t use them undiluted on your skin. This is a very bad thing to do as they can seriously hurt you. The only oils that you can use without diluting them are those of tea tree oil and lavender. Again, follow directions about it to learn the best methods for diluting.
• Ensure that you are not allergic. Many people are allergic to these especially since they are natural flower products. Apply just a small drop to your skin to insure that it is safe. Also, try to smell a small amount to insure it does not bother you before deeply inhaling it.
• You should not use aromatherapy if you are pregnant, if you have asthma or epilepsy. In addition, if you have another sensitive health condition, make sure to ask your doctor about this use before trying it out.
• Do not overuse the product. There is just a drop or two that is needed to produce the right fragrance and desired reaction. Too much and your eyes may burn, or worse.
When you take the time to ensure that you follow the directions provided with your aromatherapy products you will be able to use them safely. You will be able to truly enjoy them without the risk of misusing them. Aromatherapy is then something that brings happiness and peace rather than problems.
In our Aromatherapy Home Health Course there are full recipes and blends of essential oils to alleviate many common ailments and a section of precautions and contra-indications of each of the common oils in use.